Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

#32: Tomatoes

"Toamtoes" - 6x8 - Oil on Canvas
"Tomates" -  15x20cm - Oleo
$90

Busy, busy in the studio today, finishing edges, varnishing and wiring paintings from the 30 in 30 challenge, getting them ready to show. I'll be taking some of them to Coast Collective next week (so if you were truly interested in any of them, send me a message and let me know, before they hit the street!) Some of you have asked what I was going to do with them, if they were for sale and yes, most of the paintings in this blog are for sale! I will slowly go back on each day and add the prices.  I have to get more canvas you know and foster the addiction, right? :)
Anyway, this tomatoes painting was done back in June and I learnt so much while painting it! I was trying the lighting from above and worked hard at getting the transparency tomatoes have sometimes. I learnt a tremendous amount that day on how oils behave and the magic of a light touch sometimes. I am pretty happy with the way this one turned out.

*****

Mucho trabajo  en el taller hoy! Pintado los bordes de los lienzos, barnizando y preparando las pinturas para mostrar. Esta semana que viene voy a llevar algunas a Coast Collective para mostrarlas. (Así que si alguien estaba realmente interesado en alguna, mándenme un mensaje antes de que estas piezas salgan a la calle!!). Varias personas me han preguntado que que iba a hacer con todos estos cuadros, si los iba a vender y la respuesta es si, la mayoría de los cuadros en el blog estan a la venta, voy a entrar de a poco y agregar los precios de cada una. Uno tiene que poder comprar más lienzos a alimentar la adicción no? :)
Pinté estos tomates en Junio y aprendí mucho ese día! Estaba iluminando los de arriba y trabajé bastante para conseguir esa transparencia que los tomates tienen a veces. Aprendí en el proceso como se comportan los óleos y la magia de una pincelada suave y liviana. Estoy bastante contenta con como me quedó esta pieza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...