Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Afternoon Quiet (#84 of 100)


 "Afternoon Quiet" -  16x20 - Acrylic
"Tarde Tranquila" - 40x50cm - Acrílico
$400


This is an acrylic I had started last October and finished in the last few weeks, before I wen to La Conner, Wa. I don't specifically remember where the photo was taken,  it could be ANYWHERE around here. Views like this one are what you see so often from land and from the water around the Gulf Islands. We are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful area. I am pleased with the way the painting came along, I like the general feel of it. There is something bugging me in the painting now that I see it here on the blog but I  can always go back and change it! (Won't tell you so it doesnt start bugging you!!) 

I am very excited today as I am in Vancouver at the moment to take a workshop with Liz Wiltzen. We will be learning about Painting Dynamic Landscapes for the next 3 days and I am ready! I took a workshop with her last year on Daily Painting which I thoroughly enjoyed,  she was an excellent instructor and is an outstanding artist. 

(Progress report on the large canvas: doing well, have paint all over the canvas now, had to CORRECT lots of the drawing, time now to start refining shapes and putting thicker paint on some areas :) but not until Friday when I am back home!

Thanks for stopping and happy painting for those of you who are artists!

*****

Este es un acrílico que había empezado en octubre del año pasado y lo terminé hace unas semanas  antes de ir a La Conner, Wa. No recuerdo específicamente dónde tomé esta foto, pero puede ser en cualquier lugar por acá. Vistas como estas es lo que se ve desde tierra y desde mar en toda esta área de las Islas del Golfo. Tenemos mucha suerte de vivir en un lugar tan hermoso. Estoy satisfecha con como quedó el cuadro. Me gusta el tono general que tiene. Hay algo que me molesta ahora que la veo acá en el blog, siempre puedo volver a casa y cambiarlo (no les voy y decir qué para que no les empiece a molestar a uds!!)

Hoy estoy muy entusiasmada porque estoy en Vancouver donde voy a tomar un curso con Liz Wiltzen. vamos a prender sobre Paisajes con dinamismo durante los 3 próximos días y estoy lista!! Tomé un curso con Liz en año pasado sobre Pinturas Diarias, ella es una artista y instructora realmente excelente. 

Informe sobre el lienzo enorme que estoy pintando: va bien, ahora ya tengo pintura sobre toda la superficie, tuve que corregir el dibujo bastante y ahora tengo que empezar a refinar algunas de las formas y poner más pintura en algunas áreas. :) Pero no hasta el viernes que es cuando vuelvo a casa. 

Gracias por parar a visitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...