Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fall at the Lagoon (#122)

"Fall at the Lagoon" - 12x12 - Acrylic on Canvas
"Otoño en la Laguna" - 30x30cm - Acrílico sobre Lienzo

SOLD




This is the painting I was working on last week to be part of the Black and White Fundraiser for Coast Collective (which by the way was a great success!). The painting didn't sell that night but I will anyway donate 50% of the proceeds to Coast Collective when it sells though this blog. I would like to try this scene again in oils and see how it comes out.
I have been very busy, quiet, not writing on the blog,  but working through my lists slowly but surely. I am BIG on list making, helps me stay focused. I developed a long one of paintings to get finished, some for submitting for shows, some commissions and some other ideas.
Have  signed up for an online sketching course, will share more on that on a later post. I am also getting supplies ready for a course I am taking next month. I am going down to California  to learn with Dreama Tolle Perry. I am VERY excited about this as I love her work.

Mainly I am enjoying the routine of coming into the studio daily and doing something, whether small or big for my art. The 30 day painting challenge certainly helped with developing the discipline to get in here. Many days at the beginning,  I may not FEEL like coming in here, specially when the sun is shining and there are millions of other things to do, but once I am  in here, magic happens :) It is not long before I say to myself with a big grin on my face: "I love what I do". Lesson for the day then: "Just show up" and get started, the creative juices will soon be flowing!
 

*****

Este es el cuadro que hice la semana pasada para el Baile de Recaudacion de Fondos para Coast Collective (que fue un gran éxito). El cuadro no se vendió esa noche pero voy a donar 50%  cuando se venda por medio de este blog. Me gustaría pintarlo de nuevo con óleos y ver cómo sale.

He estado muy ocupada, callada, sin escribir en el blog pero de a poquito tachando cosas de mis listas. Simpre hago listas de las cosas por hacer, me ayudan a seguir en marcha y no distraerme. He desarrollado una lista larga de cuadros por pintar, algunos son trabajos sin terminar, Otros son para distintas exhibiciones en las que quiero particpar,  otros son pedidos, y otros ideas que tengo dando vuelta.
Me he inscripto en un curso de sketching online, les voy a contar de eso en otro post. He estado también preparadome para un curso que voy a tomar el mes que viene, voy a California a tomar un curso con Dreama Tolle Perry. Estoy MUY entusiasmada cone sto ya que me encatan sus cuadros. 
Principalmente, he estado disfrutando de mi rutina de trabajo diario, vengo al taller todos los días y hago algo, pequeño o grande, para mi arte. El desafío de 30 días me ha ayudado mucho con la disciplina diaria. Es interesante que muchos días al comienzo tal vez no tenga ganas de ir al taller, especialmnte cuando el sol está brillando y hay un montón de otras cosas que hacer. Pero una vez que estoy acá, empieza la magia :). Al rato no más, tengo una sonrisa grande en la cara y me digo: "Me encanta lo que hago!". La lección del día es entonces: "Simplemente vení" y empezá, los jugos creativos va a empezar a fluir enseguida!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...