Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Mystic Vale

"Mystic Vale" - 11x14 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Valle Místico" - 28x36 - Oleo
$270

Email me if interested

 
Getting started in Mystic Vale - Uvic
Empezando el día en el Valle Místico - Uvic
I have mentioned before that I am a member of the Island Illustrators Society and I have been participating int he different shows the society organizes. The show this year is called "Illustrating Emily Carr". So a couple of months ago I set out to create my piece for it. Emily used to do a LOT of plein air painting, she used to paint the forests, the trees, the local sights.... So I chose to do that, immerse myself in nature and attempt to put into canvas.  I went to a forest VERY close to my house, called Mystic Vale which is  inside the Uvic Campus. The light coming through the trees is always really beautiful in there and it is like a little oasis in a very urban area. I set up my easel and started painting. Loved it, painting  outdoors is always a really beautiful experience, even when the light changes, the sun comes in and out, it's too cold, or too hot, (haha, you may wonder why it's a great experience???)   You get to listen to the sounds of the forest, the wind, the birds and it all goes into your painting.... Some people stopped by to see what I was doing and chat. One very kind lady in particular took these photos that I am posting. Thank you so much Gillian for taking them and sending them to me. And thank you Brian and Madelaine for coming out to play with me that morning!


This was at the beginning of March which is why I am all bundled up :)
Esto fue al comienzo de Febrero y es por eso que estoy toda abrigada :) 






I am very pleased with how this painting turned out. Even though I set out to paint it for the show, "Mystic Vale"  is on hold for someone who is interested in it so because of it I decided to do another one for the show which I will share in the next post! Stay Tuned!

This painting as well as  LOTS of other ones will be available at the Cadboro Bay-Gordon Head Studio Tour coming up on May 7 & 8. Click on the link to go to the Facebook Page and see a map as well as information about the artists in it.

*****

Les he contado antes que soy miembro de la Sociedad de Ilustradoes de la Isla y participo regularmente de las muestras que la sociedad organiza. La de este año se llama "Ilustrando a Emily Carr" y por eso hace un par de meses salí a crear mi cuadro para esa muestra.  Emily solía salir a pintar MUCHO al aire libre, ella pintaba los bosques, los árboles, muchos lugares típicos de la zona así es que elegí hacer eso, inmersarme en la naturaleza y tratar de ponerla sobre el lienzo. Fui a un bosquecito muy cerca de mi casa que se llama el Velle Místico que queda dentro del campo de la universidad. La luz del sol que se filtra entre los árboles es siempre muy hermosa en este lugar que es como un pequeño oasis en el medio en una zona muy urbana. Armé el atril y empecé a pintar. Me encantó! El pintar afuera muchas veces es una experiencia muy hermosa, aún cuando la luz la luz cambia, el sol entra y sale, aveces hace frio....  o calor etc. etc. Jaja, se deben estar preguntando porqué digo que es hermoso..... se pueden escuchar los sonidos del bosque, el viento, los animales, los pájaros....  todo eso va dentro del cuadro. Varias personas pararon a mirar lo que yo hacía y a conversar. Una señora muy amable en particular me sacó varias fotos y las he agregado acá. Muchísimas gracias Gillian por tomar las fotos y por mandármelas. Y gracias Brian y Madelaine por salir a jugar conmigo esa mañana!

Estoy muy contenta con cómo salió este cuadro. A pesar de que empecé a pintar esto para una muestra, "Valle Místico" está reservado para alguien que está interesado en comprarla y a raíz de eso decidí pintar un cuadro distinto para la muestra que se las voy a mostrar en el próxima post.  Van a tener que esperar.

Este cuadro y muchos otros van a estar disponibles para que los vean o compren en el Cadboro Bay-Gordon Head Studio Tour , el 7 y 8 de mayo.  Pueden hacer click en ese link para ir a la página de Facebook y ver el mapa e información sobre todos los artistas que hay en el tour.

"Es maravilloso sentir la grandeza cruda de Canadá" - Emily Carr


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...