Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

Island View Beach Memories

"Island ViewBeach Memories" - 9x12 - Oil on Canvas
"Memorias de Island View Beach" - 23x30 - Oleo
$215

SOLD



Last week I went with the Al Frescoes to paint again at Island View Beach. The day was absolutely gorgeous, no wind, sunshine and lots of painters around. There were many options to paint that day and I decided to try this view  with the path, logs and some water.  I was worried about the whole foreground but int he end I kept it loose and I am quite pleased with the way it turned out. I am still looking at it and deciding whether I will make a couple of changes or not. Getting ready to go paint again this morning so stay tuned. And speaking of getting ready I am almost there for the studio tour happening this weekend.
Again, this piece,  as well as many other paintings,  will be available at the Studio Tour I am part of this coming up Sat & Sun, May 7 & 8, 11 to 4 pm.   I am opening my home and studio to the public so people can come and visit during the Cadboro Bay-Gordon Head Studio Tour! Check the link, I am number 6 on the map.. 3876A Finnerty Rd. is my address. My house is at the very end of the long driveway, parking may be limited so try and find parking without going into the driveway. Hope to see you then!

*****

La semana pasada fui con los  AlFrescoes a pintar a Island View Beach de nuevo. El día estuvo absolutamente hermoso, sin viento, con sol y muchos pintores por todos lados. Había varias opciones para pintar ese día y decidí tratar esta vista del caminito, los troncos y un poco de mar. Estaba un poco preocupada con todo el primer plano pero lo dejé sin detalles y estoy bastante contenta con cómo me salió. Como siempre,  sigo evaluando si le voy a hacer algunos cambios o no.  Me estoy preparando para ir a pintar de nuevo esta mañana,  les muestro la semana que viene. Y hablando de prepararme estoy casi lista ya para el tour de talleres este fin de semana.
Como les dije antes, este cuadro,  como muchos otros, va a estar disponible en el tour de talleres del que soy parte este sábado y domingo 7 y 8 de mayo de 11:00 a 4:00 de la tarde. Estoy abriendo mi casa y mi taller al público para que la gente pueda venir y visitar durante el  Cadboro Bay-Gordon Head Studio Tour. Fíjense en el link, soy la número 6 en el mapa. 3876A Finnerty Rd. es mi dirección,  mi casa es la tercera desde la calle.  Mi caminito para la casa es largo... El estacionamiento puede ser limitado así que si pueden, por favor estacionen en la calle. Espero verlos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...