Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Morning Stroll


"Morning Stroll" - 8x10 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Caminata de Mañana" - 20x25 cm - Oleo
SOLD



A few weeks ago I went with the Al Frescoes to Tulista Park in Sydney to paint for our regular Friday pain out. I must confess that I was not very excited when I saw the location as I didn't feel there was too much there to paint. But as I pulled up the parking lot, I saw this gorgeous strip of light in the sky and THAT is what I wanted to paint right away. I  know now to trust my first instinct when I go plein air painting, to go for THAT particular thing that caught my eye at the beginning.  You can continue to search for the "perfect" spot or view to paint for half the morning if you are not careful but you usually end up wasting most of the time searching instead of setting up and getting going right away. I always tell myself I can always come back and paint another one in this location. I didn't do too much to this one once back in  the studio, I just added a few touches of light on the water I felt were needed.
I am dilligently getting ready for the Cadboro Bay-Gordon Head Studio Tour  which is this next Sat & Sunday May 7 & 8,11 to 4 pm. I am opening my home and studio to the public so come and visit! 3876A Finnerty Rd. My house is at the very end of the long driveway, see you then!
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great start of the week!
Marcela

"The view is loaded with Light, Light, Light,
ever changing and so wonderful in its myriad colors." -  (Candace Faber

*****

Hace unas semanas fuí con los Al Frescos al Parque Tulista en Sidney a pintar para una de nuestras pintadas de los viernes. Tengo que confesar que no estaba muy entusiasmada con el lugar donde íbamos ya que creía que no había demasiadas cosas interesantes ahí para pintar. Pero cuando llegué al estacionamiento ví una luz hermosísima en el cielo y eso fué lo que quise pintar inmediatamente. A esta altura ya sé que debo confiar en mi primer instinto cuando voy a pintar afuera, pintar sin dudar esa cosa especial que me llamó la atención en su primer momento. A veces uno puede seguir tratando durante toda la mañana de encontrar el lugar o la vista perfecta para pintar  y si no se tiene cuidado se puede perder la mayor parte del tiempo buscando ese lugar en lugar de empezar inmediatamente. Siempre me digo ahora que si hay mas vistas buenas, puedo volver y pintar otro cuatro en este lugar, simple! No cambié muchas cosas a este cuadro una vez que volví al taller, simplemente le agregué unos toques de luz en el agua que me parecía eran necesarias.
Me estoy preparando para el  Tour de Talleres de Cadboro Bay-Gordon Head que es el Sábado y Domingo que viene, 7 & 8 de Mayo de 11 a 4 . Estoy por abrir mi casa y taller al público para compartir mi arte. Mi dirección es 3876A Finnerty Rd y mi casa es la tercera desde la calle.  Mi caminito para la casa es largo... Nos vemos! 
Que pasen un feliz lunes! Espero que tengan un buen comienzo de la semana!

Marcela

"La vista está llena de Luz, Luz, Luz, siempre cambiante y
tan maravillosa en todos sus colores diferentes." -  (Candace Faber)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...