Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Wonderful Last Few Weeks - Qualicum Retreat


Work in progreso
En progreso

My works for the week, all unfinished :)
Mi trabajo de la semana, todo sin terminar

The view from our deck
La vista desde nuestra terraza

Patita laying down and Mr.Magoo sitting behind were our mascots for the week
Patita acostada y Mr. Magoo fueron nuestras mascotas 

The Sunset colours the last night were unbelievable
Los colores del ocaso la última noche fueron increíbles 


I spent a few days recovering from the Studio Tour, I was wiped and last week, I was able to do some more recovering..... I was invited by a very talented artist friend Marion Evamy to come and share a week of painting in a waterfront cabin in Qualicum Beach. Lisa Kirk, another beautiful artist and dear friend from Courtenay was invited as well....  And yes, it was as good as it sounds! What could be better than creating in a gorgeous environment, surrounded by talented supportive positive people. We ate, painted, ate some more, painted some more, ate, chatted, laughed, slept and then we did it all over again for 5 days. Heavenly! I came back home with 9 canvases, only 1 of them is pretty much finished. I did some experimenting and had a blast. I'll show you some of the new creations as I finish them. Thank you Marion and Lisa for a wonderful week, yes! We can do it again!

Now, after being home for just a few days I am on te road again, this time to a plein air event in Ashcroft, BC. I am excited about participating in it and painting along the way. We are taking a few extra days to stop and paint whatever strikes our fancy. Will share the adventures when I get back! Wish me luck!

If we are privileged to explore our new horizons with other painters through brush, paper and pigment,
we are truly blessed. (Michele Cooper)

*****

Tardé unos cuantos días en recuperarme del taller de estudios, estaba muy muy cansada y la semana pasada puede hacer un poco de recuperación… Fuí invitada por una artista amiga llamada Marion Evamy a ir y compartir una semana de pintura en una casa frente al mar en Qualicum Beach. Lisa Kirk, otra hermosa artista y querida amiga de Courtenay también fue invitada y si, fue tan bueno como suena! Qué es mejor que estar en un ambiente hermoso, creando y rodeada de gente positiva y con talento. Comimos, pintamos, comimos de nuevo, pintamos, comimos, charlamos, nos reímos, compartimos, dormimos y repetimos todo eso durante cinco días. Estaba en el cielo! Volví a casa con nueve lienzos y solamente uno de ellos pu de estar terminado pero hice bastante experimentación y me divertí muchísimo. Les muestro las nuevas creaciones a medida que las termino. Gracias Marion y Lisa por una semana maravillosa! Si! Lo podemos hacer de nuevo!

Ahora después de estar en casa unos días estoy en la ruta de nuevo, esta vez camino a un evento de pintada al aire libre en Ashcroft BC. Estoy muy entusiasmada con participar en él y a  pintar en el camino. Nos tomamos unos días extras para parar y pintar donde tengamos ganas. Les cuento las aventuras cuando vuelva, deséenme suerte.

"Si tenemos el privilegio de explorar nuevos horizontes con otros pintores por medio
de pinceles, papel y pigmentos, somos realmente muy buenaventurados." - 
(Michele Cooper)



4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome, and they all look great :) Enjoy your travels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! I have had a really wonderful couple of months of painting, friendship and traveling! What else could I ask for??? :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooo I cannot wait to see your new pieces!! I just lOvE your work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angella! I have a couple of them finished and will be working on some soonish! I'll post when ready :) Can't wait to meet Maverick!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...