Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wonderful Last Few Weeks - Studio Tour

The paintings that found homes at the Studio Tour, thank you!
Los cuadros que encontraron hogares durante el Tour de Talleres, Gracias!


Oh! What an amazing weekend I had for the Cadboro Bay-Gordon Head Studio Tour Back on May 7&8. I had so many people come through the house, a lot of sales and overall a really great success! It's always great to see people's reactions to my art and it was great to meet so many new people and to visit with friends I hadn't seen in a while!

This is the first time I had an event like this in my new home but I had done it before several times in my other house so I kind of knew what to expect.   After much thinking I ended up deciding not to open the studio itself because it is upstairs, the stairs are made of wood and I thought it could be too slippery, that's the last thing you need during an event like that right?  I did have however quite a roomie area for display and I think everything looked pretty good with a few clip-on lamps to help the poor lighting in the room. I am delighted many of my paintings found their forever home during the weekend. :) Thank you to the ones bought paintings or cards, much appreciated and thank you as well to everybody that came over, your support means a lot.

Unfortunately, my husband and daughter were out of town that weekend and I failed to take photos of the event, note taen for next year! It looks like again,  I took a good holiday from blogging so I'll break it into a couple of posts so as not to bore you too much!

*****

Oh! Que fin semana especial tuve para el tour de talleres el 7 y 8 de mayo. Tuve tanta gente que vino a visitarme, muchas ventas, en general un éxito total! Es siempre muy bueno ver la reacción de la gente a mi arte, fue bárbaro conocer muchas personas nuevas y ver amigos que hacía tiempo que no veía. 
Esta es la primera vez que hago un evento de este tipo en mi casa nueva pero lo he hecho varias veces en mi casa vieja así es que ya sabía mas o menos qué esperar.  Después de mucho pensar decidí no abrir el taller ya que está en la planta alta y las escaleras que son de madera pueden ser bastante resbalosa, es lo último que hace falta en un evento como este, que alguien se caiga y se lastime! De todas formas tuve mucho lugar en la planta baja para mostrar  cuadros y me parece que todo se veía muy bien con la ayuda de unas cuantas lámparas para tener mejor iluminación. Estoy muy muy contenta ya que muchos de mis cuadros encontraron hogares este este fin de semana. Gracias a todas esas personas que compraron cuadros o tarjetas  y gracias igualmente a toda la gente que vino a verme, su apoyo significa mucho para mí. De corazón.

Es una lástima que mi esposo y mi hija estaban de viaje y yo me olvidé de sacar fotos durante el evento, anotado ya para la próxima vez. Parece que de nuevo me tomé una buenas vacaciones del blog asi que lo voy a cortar en varias partes para no aburrirlos!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...