Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2016

#1 of 30: Alpine Riverbank

"Alpine Riverbank" - 9x12 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Rio Alpino - 22x30cm - Oleo
UNFINISHED - SIN TERMINAR

As I mentioned in my last post, I have been in Lake Tahoe for a few days now and I have used some of that time for painting outdoors,  have been exploring and I love the scenery!.... This painting was done en plein air by the Truckee River just a few minutes from where I am staying. I drove along this river several times and the banks with yellowy greeny grasses called me right away so that was my first choice for this trip. Got stung by a wasp half way and it is not fun at all.... but I guess it's one of the perils of plein air painting, that was  a first for me while painting. Apparently wasps are so bad this year in this area that some restaurants don't even serve food outdoors!
Still need to take it back to the studio and work on it a bit more, there are several unresolved areas, I ran out of time (or patience, or both) :)


*****

Como les conté en mi último post, hace varios días que estoy en el Lago Tahoe y he aprovechado para pintar y explorar y la verdad es que me encanta este paisaje… Éste cuadro lo hice al aire libre en las orillas del Río Truckee que está a unos minutos de donde estoy parando. Pasé manejando al lado de este río varias veces y esas  orillas llenas de pastos verdes y amarillos me llamaron la atención en el acto así que esa fue mi primera elección para este viaje. Me picó una avispa a mitad del cuadro y no fue muy divertido....  Pero supongo que es uno de los peligros de la pintura al aire libre, esa fue la primera vez para mí mientras pinto. Parece que las avispas están tan malas este año en esta zona que algunos restaurantes ni siquiera sirven comida afuera. Éste cuando está sin terminar, todavía necesito llevarlo al taller y ponerle un poco más de tiempo, hay varias áreas que no están resueltas,  se me acabó el tiempo (o la paciencia o los dos) :)




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila, want to go back to it and correct a whole bunch of things..... It was a gorgeous spot!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...