Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2016

#11 of 30: Best Parking

"Best Parking" - 9x12 - Oil on Birch Panel
"El Mejor Esacionamiento" - 23x30cm - Oleo
$215

Click Here to Purchase

 On Friday I went painting with the Alfrescoes after a long time of not being there, it was so nice to see many friendly faces :) We went to Westbay Marina in Esquimalt and the reflections early when we got there were just incredible! I took many photos for hopefully future paintings. The major challenge I had was the wind that picked up and got rid of the crystal clear reflections that attracted me to paint this scene in the first place. I am glad I had taken a photo at the beginning and was able to go back into it once back in the studio. It was for sure a matter of getting rid of the many marks I had added when it was windier.
The fact that we went to that marina on Friday was very timely because I have been invited to participate in this year's Art Gallery House Tour. Every year, a few special home in Victoria are picked and people can go and visit them.  There are artists in each of these homes. My "home" for today, Sunday Sep 11,   is a float home in this Marina actually. I'll be at #5 - 453 Head St in Esquimalt. Get a ticket, come down and visit this very special home. I was there on Friday and wow! They have the most amazing  views!

*****

El viernes fui a pintar con los Alfrescoes después de no haber ido por bastante tiempo, fue tan bueno ver muchas caras sonrientes! Fuimos a la Marina Westbay en Esquimalt y los reflejos en el agua  temprano cuando llegamos eran increíbles! Tomé bastantes fotos para tal vez hacer cuadros en el futuro.  El mayor problema que tuve fue el viento que después de un rato se levantó y borró totalmente los reflejos perfectos que era lo que primero me había atraído de pintar esta escena. Me alegro de haber tomado una foto al comienzo y pude retocar este cuadro y corregirlo un poco una vez que volví a casa. Se trató principalmente de sacar muchas pinceladas que había agregado cuando se levantó el viento. El hecho de que fuimos a esa marina fue bastante oportuno porque me han invitado a participar en el Tour de Casas de este año organizado por la Galería de Arte de Victoria. Todos los años se eligen unos pocos hogares especiales en Victoria y la gente puede ir a visitarlos. Hay artistas en cada una de estas casas. Mi "casa" hoy, Domingo 11 de Septiembre, es una casa flotante en la marina. Voy a estar en  #5 - 453 Head St in Esquimalt. Vengan, compren una entrada y pasen a visitar esta casa muy especial. Estuve allí el viernes y wow!, tienen vistas increíbles por todos lados!


3 comments:

  1. When I go through all the art posted I look to see which piece pops out among them. Yours did. Love the colors and the composition. Happy Painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bobbie! I am so glad it jumped out at you :) Hope you are enjoying the challenge!

      Delete
  2. Love this! Love Westbay Marina...a favourite of mine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...