Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

#3 of 30:Transparency

"Transparency" - 8x8 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Tranparencia" - 20x20cm - Oleo
Unfinished - Sin Terminar



When I knew I was coming to Tahoe and that I would have some time available for painting by myself I thought I would check online to see if there was a plein air group in the area similar to the Alfrescoes I paint with in Victoria. I was happy to find the Reno Tahoe Plein Air Painters. I contacted the blog administrator to see if they could tell me where they would be painting while I was in the area  in the off-chance it would work. And it kind of did!
I was thrilled when Carolyn Jean Thompson got back to me and arranged to meet me for painting together on Thursday. I was sorry I couldn't meet the rest of the group but it was absolutely wonderful to meet this talented artist, a real treat to paint with a local, exchange some stories and share lunch when we were done. Thank you Carolyn, it was so kind of you to come out! I enjoyed myself tremendoulsy.... You know you have a painting buddy for the next time you come to Vancouver Island!
Carolyn suggested we met at Sand Harbour State Park and what a good choice that was! The rocks, the colours and the whole scenery were just gorgeous. The painting above is the one I did that morning. I was starting to make mud which is a sure sign for me to stop. I'll correct some things and finish it once back in the studio.

Carolyn and myself painting at Sand Harbour. Thank you again Carolyn!!!
Carolyn y yo pintando en Sand Harbour, gracias nuevamente Carolyn!!!


*****

Cuando supe que iba a ir a la zona de Tahoe y que iba tener tiempo para pintar se me ocurrió que tal vez podía ver si había un grupo de pintores en la zona parecido mi grupo de Victoria, los Al Frescos, con los que yo pinto a menudo. Me puse muy contenta cuando encontré los Pintores al Aire Libre de Reno y Tahoe. Contacté al administrador del blog para ver si me podían decir dónde iban a pintar mientras yo estuviera y si sería posible juntarme con ellos. Y funcionó!  Estuve muy contenta cuando Carolyn Jean Thompson me contestó y arreglamos para juntarnos para pintar el jueves. A pesar de poder conocer a mas gente en el grupo, fue absolutamente maravilloso conocer a esta artista tan talentosa, fue una oportunidad fantástica para pintar con alguien de la zona, intercambiar historias y compartir el almuerzo una vez que terminamos. Gracias Carolyn, fue tan amable de tu parte juntarte conmigo,  ya sabés que tenés una compañera de pintura si venís a la Isla de Vancouver!
Carolyn sugirió que fueramos al  Parque Estatal Sand Harbour y qué buena elección que fue! Las piedras, los colores y el paisaje en general eran hermosísimas. El cuadro de arriba es el que hice esa mañana. Estaba empezando a "hacer barro" y esa es una señal para que yo pare de pintar. Voy a corregir algunas cosas y terminarlo una vez que esté de nuevo en el taller.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...