Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

#6 of 30: Afternoon at the Lake

"Afternoon at the Lake" - 10x10 - Oil on Gessoboard
"Tarde en el Lago" - 25x25cm - Oleo
$200

Click Here to Purchase

So what I have decided to do with the 30 in 30 this time around is to devote myself mostly to finishing paintings I have started and never got back to them. I have a GOOD pile of them, some will just be turfed but there are many others that with some tweaking have a good future..... I don't consider this cheating because the challenge is for each of us to do what we need to do with it afterall,we can make our our rules.  I am the boss of me anyway! So there! I said it!  :)
This one today is from my trip to Ashcroft and Big Bar Lake last May. After the Ashcroft paint-out was finished we were invited to visit Big Bar Lake just an hour and a bit north of Ashcroft. This one got painted on a gorgeous field by the lake before dinnertime. Thank you again Wayne & Janine Larsen for such hospitality,I so appreciate how opened your home to us.  There's more about that trip on this post. Interestingly enough, lots of the landscape in this part of BC is similar to the Lake Tahoe area..... maybe that is what has inspired me to go back and finish them!


*****

Asi es que lo que he decidido hacer con el desafío de 30 cuadros en 30 días esta vez es dedicar mi tiempo principalmente a terminar cuadros que he comenzado y nunca terminado.  Tengo una en MUY BUENA pila de ellos, algunos van a ser tirados a la basura pero hay otros que con algunos pocos cambios pueden tener un buen futuro… No considero que esto sea trampa porque el desafío es para que cada uno de nosotros hagamos lo que necesitamos y podemos poner nuestras propias reglas, yo soy la jefa de todas maneras! Ahí esta! Lo dije! :)

Este cuadro de hoy es de mi viaje a Ashcroft y Big Bar Lake este Mayo pasado. Después de que la pintada de Ashcroft terminó nos invitaron a visitar el lago que queda a una hora y un poco más al norte. Lo pinté en un campo hermoso al frente del lago antes de la cena.... Gracias de nuevo Wayne y Janine Larsen por tanta hospitalidad, aprecio muchísimo cómo nos abrieron su hogar! Más acerca de este viaje acá. Es interesante que mucho del paisaje en esta parte de BC es similar a la zona del Lago Tahoe,  tal vez esto es lo que me ha inspirado a querer los cuadros de allá.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Sheila.... I THINK I am pleased with it...... Have to keep looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...