Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Adventures from my Sketchbooks



Samples of drawings and sketches

Despite the lack of posting and very limited "me" time,  I have been using my creative juices on a daily basis doing a bit of everything.  My goal is to do something creative every single day, whether it is some scribbles on a sketchbook, splattering paint on watercolour paper or an oil. Everything contributes to the greater goal which in my case is to become a better artist. (And to keep my sanity to some extent :) Some days I have more time than others (my usual day as I mentioned in a previous post is to drive my son Mateo to school or appointments and then just sit and wait, some days the whole day, it's like having a full time job!) Those days my sketchbooks come in really handy!

Last year I had signed up for Sketchbook Skool, online sketching and drawing 6-week long classes. Every week you are exposed to a different instructor through videos and tutorials, you get assigned homework and you have the whole week to work on them. (You can however watch the videos at any time if you get behind).  There is a very active, inspiring and supportive online community surrounding SBS. It has been REALLY good for me. I have never been too much of sketcher or drawer and I do know that it is a very important skill to have and an excellent habit to get into. I have always loved to see travel journals and sketchbooks and been very jealous of artists doing them all the time. Well..... the good news is I have my own stack now. I have drawn and sketched more in the last 6 months than I have in the previous 6 years! All of them are for me, art that I create for myself, not as an end product to show and sell but as a means to learn and practice. I always have a sketchbook on me now. :) In the photo there are just some examples of some of the fun I have been having lately! Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day!

"Do not fail, as you go on, to draw something every day, for no matter how little it is, it will be well worth while, and it will do you a world of good." Cennino Cennini

*****

A pesar de tener muy poco tiempo para "mi", he estado usando mis jugos creativos todos los días haciendo un poco de todo. Myimeta es hacer algo creativo todos los días, ya sea  garabatos en mi cuadernos de sketches,  acuarelas sobre papel or un óleo. Todo ayuda a acercarme a mi gran objetivo que es ser una buena artista. (Y mantener mi cordura, en cierta forma). Algunos días tengo más tiempo que otros (mi día normal ahora es llevar a mi hijo Mateo a la escuela o algún turno y esperar, a veces todo el día, es como tener un trabajo de tiempo completo!!) En esos días mi cuaderno de bosquejos me viene muy a mano!

El año pasado me había anotado en Sketchbook Skool, 6 semanas de clases online de bosquejos y dibujo. Cada semana hay un instructor diferente y de esa manera estás expuesto a diferentes estilos por medio de videos y lecciones. Hay deberes que se deben completar durante la semana.  Hay también una gran comunidad muy muy activa online que inspira y apoya constantemente. SBS ha sido muy muy bueno para mí. Nunca he sido de dibujar mucho o hacer demasiados bosquejos y sé que es  una habilidad muy importante y un hábito excelente. Siempre me han encantado los cuadernos  ilustrados de viajes por ejemplo y me he puesto celosa de esos artistas que lo hacen constantemente.  Bueno..... las buenas noticias son que ahora tengo mi propia pila. He dibujado y echo bosquejos más en los últimos 6 meses que en los 6 años pasados! Todos son para mí,  arte que hago para mí, no con la idea de que sean un producto final para mostrar y posiblemente vender si no que son una forma de aprender y practicar. Siempre tengo y cuaderno conmigo ahora! :) En la foto hay algunos ejemplos de cuánto me estoy divirtiendo ultimamente! Gracias por la visita y espero que tengan un muy buen día!

"No dejes, a medida que avanzas, de dibujar algo todos los días, porque no importa cuáan pequeño es, siempre va a valer la pena, y te va a hacer muchísimo bien." Cennino Cennini

2 comments:

  1. You're right, doing something creative everyday is such a worthwhile goal, even if for a short imte. I really like the combination of ink and watercolor and these are all very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, I used to love working with Pen and Ink and got out of the habit of doing it. Working towards developing good consistent habits and adding tools to my box. :) Hard work!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...