Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

It's all about creating right?






Continuing with my addiction to sketching I decided a few weeks ago to take a one day workshop at Coast Collective on Bookbinding. We made own own sketchbooks and I loved it! I wanted to learn to bind simple sketchbooks so I could put together drawings done on singles sheets. Great for the sketches done on a trip for example.  These are some pictures of the one I made. It has a soft  leather cover, I may add a bit more rigid inside but I want to try it first.  We used some gelli prints(I am dying to try that!) for the first and last page (sorry Tracy, I don't remember if these have a specific name!) and I used beads and coloured thread for the binding. I also made a wrap with simple black elastic and added an inspirational quote on it.  Thank you Tracy Leal for a most enjoyable day! Do visit her Facebook Page to see the beautiful work she does!
I have some pretty exciting news coming in the next post. :) You'll just have to come back!

Siguiendo con mi adicción a hacer bosquejos y dibujos todo el tiempo decidí hace unas semanas tomar un curso en Coast Collective para aprender a "encuadernar". Hicimos nuestros propios cuadernos de bosquejos con papel de acuarela y me encantó! Quería aprender algunos principios simples para poder encuadernar mis propios dibujos echos en pedazos de papel de acuarela. Puede ser bárbaro para organizar los bosquejos echos en un viaje por ejemplo! Aquí tienen algunas fotos del que yo hice. Tiene lomo suave de cuero, tal vez le agrege algo mas rígido pero lo quiero probar primero. Usamos Gelli Prints para la primera y ultima pagina (me estoy muriendo de ganas de probar hacer algunas) y usé cuentas de vidrio e hilo de colores  para la encuadernación. También hice una banda para cerralo y le agregué una chapita con una frase con isnpiración.  Gracias Tracy Leal por día muy satisfactorio! Tengo noticias muy interesantes para contarles la próxima vez. Van a tener que volver! :)


"A pencil is quiet, clean, odorless, inexpensive, and lightweight. I can slip it in my pocket and take it with me everywhere - my secret friend" - Sherry Camby
"Un lápiz no hace ruido, es limpio, sin olor, no es caro y es liviano. Puedo metermelo en el bolsillo y llevarlo conmigo a todos lados - my amigo secreto " - Sherry Camby

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...