Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Day 15 of 30: Light



"Light" - 11x14 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Luz" - 28x35cm - Oleo
SOLD

My setup - Mi Equipo


Yahoo!!!!! We are half way over the challenge!!! As much as I am enjoying it and I am totally in the groove of it, I am looking forward to a slower pace in Feb. I am preparing for a couple of different shows in Feb as well so there is a lot to do!!
The Alfs this morning at Fort Rodd Hill. VERY Bundled up!
Los Alfs esta mañana, MUY abrigados!


Today it is Friday and it means Plein air with the Al Frescoes again. We went to Fisgard Lighthouse in Fort Rodd Hill. It was a chilly morning, it rained a bit (at times my oils were more like watercolours!) but again, we persevered....  we are get a medal for braving it out there!!! I saw the strip of light under the clouds on the waterline as soon as we walked onto the site. And THAT is what I wanted to paint. I am pleased as I was able to stick to that plan, The buildings may  have errors, actually, not may have, DO have errors but it's ok for a plein air sketch. I feel I got the essense of what I saw this morning.

*****

Yahoo!!!!! Estamos ya a medio camino con el desafío!! Lo estoy disfrutando mucho y he entrado en un buen ritmo pero la verdad es que quiero que Febrero llegue para poder ir mas despacio una vez que se termine el desafío. Me estoy preparando para varias muestra también en Feb por lo que hay mucho que hacer!!

Hoy es Viernes y fuí a pintar con los Al Frescoes de nuevo, Fuimos al lucero Fisgard en Fort Rodd Hill. Hacía frio y llovió un poco (de a ratos mis óleos, eran mas acuarelas que óleos)  pero de nuevo, perseveramos ..... recibimos una medalla por salir a pintar!! Ví ese pedacito de luz debajo de las nubes sobre el agua y ESO fue lo que quise pintar. Estoy contenta con haberme mantenido firme con esa idea. Los edificios pueden tener errores, no, mejor dicho, sí tienen errores, pero en general estoy satisfechapor ser un bosquejo al aire libre. Siento que pude capturar la esencia de lo que yo ví esta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...