Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Day 28 of 30: Clivia

"Clivia" - 8x8 - Oil on Canvas
"Clivia" - 20x20 - Oleo



My mom and dad in Argentina have a beautiful garden and they have an area that is full of agapanthus and clivias in their back yard.  I have a clivia here too but it is an indoor plant This past week it gave me a bloom which of course makes me smile and needed to be painted!
I am very pleased with lots of things in this painting...  I am not done, have to resolve quite a few things still but overall it is going in the right direction.  The light changed throughout the day in my studio (I started early in the morning, stopped at 9.30 and came back after 1 pm) and I can't keep trying to finish it in the current lighting conditions, so I will have to wait till the morning again. For now, here it goes....
At one point in the painting I had lost the drawing (well.... actually at more than one point :) so I used my kemper tool to go back into it,  redraw the shapes to see see them better and keep going. It was very useful to do this. I also use my kemper tool usually to sign my paintings by scraping paint off.



In progress, carving the drawing back into it
En progreso, tratando de encontrar el dibujo de nuevo
Kemper tool
Herramienta Kemper


"Even when you paint, you never stop drawing."-  (Igor Babailov)

*****


My mamá y mi papá en Argentina tienen un jardín hermoso con una zona  llena de agapantos y clivias. Yo también tengo una clivia acá pero es una planta de interior. Esta semana pasada me ha florecido lo que me puso muy contenta por supuesto!
Estoy bastante contenta con este cuadro.... no está terminado, tengo que resolver unas cuantas cosas mas pero en general va en la dirección adecuada. La luz me cambió durante el día en mi taller, (comencé temprano, paré a las 9.30 y volví despueés de la 1 de la tarde) y no puedo seguir tratando  de terminar con la luz tan diferente, voy a tener que esperar hasta mañana . Por ahora, acá va.....
En un momento había perdido las formas en el cuadro (bueno, en realidad mas de una vez!! :)  Usé mi herramienta Kemper para dibujar de nuevo las formas y rescatar el dibujo de esa forma. (Tiene puntas de goma que levantan la pintura).  Me fue muy útil hacer eso, uso esta herramienta muchas veces para firmar los cuadros levantando la pintura.

"Aún cuando se pinta, nunca paras de dibujar." - (Igor Babailov)


2 comments:

  1. Stunning Marcela! Thanks for sharing some of your process, look forward to seeing the finished piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheila! Always try to remember to take photos of the process, get carried away and forget! I'll try and be better at doing it as I do enjoy seeing other artists' processes too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...