Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 4 of 30: Fields of Joy


"Fields of Joy" - 18x36 - Oil on Canvas
"Campos de Felicidad" - 45x91cm - Oleo
VIP- NFS for now

First Monday of the year!! Hope it well for all. For me, it was a bit of a sad day as my daughter went back to Vancouver to start her second semester of university.  I procrastinated to get started and then decided to do something different from the bouquets I have worked on for the last couple of days. One of my goals since I started my 260 days of art making (I am on day 82 by the way) was to paint larger oils.  I started with oils only a few years ago and I have mainly done smaller paintings, I am "growing" in size. This is the largest I have done to date and I am pretty pleased. Several painter friends kept telling me, it's just bigger brushes and more paint and they were correct of course!

Anyway, a couple of years ago, as I have mentioned before in this blog, I went to La Conner, Washington with 2 good artist friends just to paint the tulip fields.  When we got there, I was just stading in awe of the amzing colour in front of me. It was an incredible trip and I have wanted to blow up some of the studies I did back then en plein air. There will be more coming out soon :) It is not finished, but I have run out of time today (after all the procrastinating to get started!). I have to rush off to buy swimming bathing suit as I have registered in classes to polish my technique and get fit! Starting tonight. :) Thank you Judy for pushing me, hemmm, "inviting" me!

It's hard to live your life in color, and tell the truth in black and white. (Gregg Allman



*****


Primer lunes del año, espero que todos la hayan pasado bien. Para mi, fue un día un poco triste porque mi hija se volvió a Vancouver para empezar su segundo semestre de universidad. Procrastiné toda la mañana y finalmente decidí pintar algo diferente a los ramos que he estado pintado estos últimos días. Una de mis metas desde que comencé mis 260 dias de arte (voy por el día 82!) es pintar óleos mas grandes. Comencé con óleos hace un par de años y  he echo  más que nada cuadros chicos,  asi es que estoy "creciendo". Este es el mas grande hasta ahora y estoy bastante contenta. Varios amigos pintores me dijeron, es simplemente pinceles más grandes y más pintura y tenían razón!

Hace un par de años, como ya he mencionado en este blog, fui a La Conner, Washington con dos buenas amigas artistas. Fuimos a pintar los campos de tulipanes. Cuando llegamos, estaba completamente fascinada con la enormidad de color que tenía en frente mío. Fue un viaje increíble y hace rato que quiero pintar mas grandes algunos de los estudios que hice esos días. Van a ver unos cuantos más me parece. No está totalmente terminado pero me he quedado sin tiempo. Tengo que ir a comprame un malla para natación. Me acabo de anotar  para empezar clases esta noche! Gracias Judy por empujarme, ehm, invitarme!!

"Es difícil vivir la vida en color y contar la verdad en blanco y negro.  (Gregg Allman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...