Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

30 in 30: Done!




Well..... I did it, finished the 30 paintings in 30 days! I'll post this collage today so I can post it in the 30 in 30 Challenge page and then continue showing you the last 2. This time around I was traveling at the beginning of  Sep but as I was painting during the trip I actually started  on Aug 28 and finished painting my 30th on Sep 28. Every single time I do this challenge I learn so many invaluable lessons about many different things, from technical aspects of painting to things I like or don't like painting to hidden (or not so hidden) personality traits that surface under pressure. Am I thrilled with everything that I painted this month?? No way!! My painting is very far very from where I want it to be but I know I just have to keep going. I really enjoyed discovering some new ways of working and taking a look at new avenues to explore. I also enjoyed discovering new artists and making new friends through the challenge. The Instagram community has been particularly supportive. I really appreciate every single like, comment, email and word of encouragement through all social media, it has meant a lot to me! Thank you! Special thanks go to Leslie Saeta also for organizing this again,. If you are interested in seeing what others created during this month, go here. Now till the next one! January that is, I know I will be traveling a lot that month but maybe I can do some travel sketches for that one! :)

This was quote that caught my attention this past month:
"Until the really 'great' stuff comes along, do the not-so-great stuff.
The not-so-great stuff always leads to the great stuff.
Whereas doing nothing pretty much leads to nowhere" 
Mike Dooley in Notes from the Universe

*****

Bueno… Lo logre, terminé 30 cuadros en 30 días. Les muestro hoy este collage para poder ponerlo en la pagina del Desafío de 30 en 30 y después les voy a seguir mostrando los últimos dos cuadros. Esta vez al comienzo de septiembre yo estaba viajando, pero como pinté durante este viaje en realidad comencé mi desafío el 28 de octubre y terminé pintando mi cuadro número 30 el 28 de septiembre. Cada vez que hago este desafío aprendo tantas lecciones invaluables sobre muchas cosas diferentes: desde aspectos técnicos de pintura a cosas que me gustan o no me gusta pintar a características de mi personalidad que salen a la luz cuando estoy bajo presión. Estoy super contenta con todo lo que pinté este mes? De ninguna manera! Mi pintura está muy lejos de como yo quiero que sea pero sé que simplemente tengo que seguir adelante. Me gustó mucho descubrir nuevas maneras de trabajar o simplemente explorar nuevos rumbos que tomar en mi trabajo. También disfruté mucho de descubrir nuevos artistas y hacer nuevos amigos por medio de este desafío. La comunidad de Instagram en particlar me ha dado mucho apoyo.  Realmente yo he apreciado cada gustar, comentario, mensaje y palabras de aliento, todo significa mucho para mí! Muchas gracias! Gracias a Leslie Saeta especialmente por haber organizado el desafíootra vez. Si quieren ver lo que otros artistas han creado este mes vayan acá. Ahora hasta el próximo, en enero,  sé que voy a estar viajando mucho ese mes pero tal vez pueda hacer bosquejos de viaje!

Esta frase me llamó la atención este mes:
"Hasta que las "grandes" cosas vengan, haz lo no tan grande.
Lo no tan grande siempre te lleva a grandes cosas
mientras que el hacer nada siempre te lleva a ningún lado"
Mike Dooley en Notas del Universo



 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the challenge, Marcela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your work Marcela, and this month was no exception! Congratulations on so many wonderful works :) Happy creating to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...