Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

Hi again!

Painting staretd in Argentina that I have to to finish next trip!
Cuadro que no llegué a terminar mientras estuve en Argentina!

 
Hi!! It's been a while, hasn't it?? I had the best outlined plans  for the beginning of the year but..... they didn't work out quite as expected :) and I can't believe it's already March!
***
Hola!! Hace mucho que no aparezco por acá no?? Tenía todo planeado para el comienzo del año pero....a veces las cosas no fucnionan como uno lo espera :) y no puedo creer que ya estamos en Marzo!


So here is what happened: I have been out of town most of the time since we last talked.... I spent December in Argentina, enjoying the Xmas and New Year holidays with friends and family. It's ALWAYS great to be back home for a while, visit, eat my favourite foods and relax. It's amazing how some things are exactly the same as 24 years ago (Gasp!) when I left and in other respects it's like a new city with so many changes.
****
Lo que pasó es que en Diciembre fui a Argentina a pasar las fiestas de Navidad y Año Nuevo con familia y amigos. Siempre es muy bueno volver a casa durante un tiempo, visitar, comer mis comidas favoritas y relajarme. Es increíble como algunas cosas están iguales que hace 24 años cuando me fui y de otra cierta forma es como si fuera una nueva ciudad por la cantidad de cambios.


The start of it, just putting in all the big shapes and colour.
Lots of other layers would come on this before it's finished.
El comienzo, bloqueando los colores y formas grandes.
Le siguen a esto muchas otras capas antes de que esté terminado
These photos are of a painting I started for my parents while in Argentina but didn't quite get to finish, I would still like to change some things in it... I am showing you the canvas drying after gessoing them and the set up outside. It was interesting to work with different materials as I hadn't taken my paints with me. The paint was drying REALLY fast, I don't know if it was because of the paint itself or the fact that it was 30+ degrees! Probably a combination of both.
***
 Las fotos que les muestro acá son de un cuadro que comencé mientras estuve en Argentina, era un regalo para mis padres pero lamentablemente no pude terminarla… Me hubiera gustado cambiar algunas cosas. Hay fotos de los lienzos secándose al sol una vez que le puse gesso y  el taller temporario en el patio. Fue interesante trabajar con otros materiales ya que no había llevado los míos. La pintura se me secaba muy rápido, no se si eso era por la pintura en si o si era porque hacía mas de 30 grados! Probablemente una combinación de las dos cosas.


I am showing below some ramdom photos from the trip, not many as I wasn't thinking about taking photos for posting here at the time! Now I wish I had planned for that so I could show you a snapshot of Córdoba, the city where I was born and where grew up, next trip!
*****
Les muestro ahora algunas fotos del viaje, no muchas ya que no las saqué para mostrales, ojalá hubiera pensado ene so para mostrales bien una panatallazo de Córdoba, la ciudad en la que nací y crecí, el próximo viaje!


Some rooftops in my neighborhood
Techos rojos en mi barrio
5 min from my house
A 5 minutos de mi casa
"Aguaribay", a tree I love, sorry, couldn't find the translation for it
Un Aguaribay, árbol que me encanta, no pude encontrar la traduccón
On the road, some of the countryside about 2 hours out of the city
En la ruta, paisaje a dos horas aprox. de la ciudad
Los Molinos Lake where we spent a couple of days
Lago Los Molinos donde pasamos unos días


On the way home, flying over the Andes, but the clouds were the show!
Ya de regreso, volando sobre los Andes, aunque las nubes eran el show principal!

Next step of the adventures coming soon! Don't want to make it super long! Talk soon
La próxima etapa de mis aventuras en el próximo post! No quiero que este se me haga tan largo! Hasta Pronto!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...