Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Cabin Island: 22 of 30

Cabin Island - 11x14 0 Oil on Panel
Isla Cabaña - 28x36 - Oleo
Marcela Strasdas


When I saw this cabin I knew I had to paint it and yes, it had to be with all the reddish, orange bushes I'm so in love with in front of it.  This cabin used to belong to an old prospector on a small island on Ennadai Lake and it was the destination for our last full day, we had a lovely picnic on the beach, some people hiked, some people fished and kayaked and some of us painted away for the whole day. 
It was pretty warm and I ended up having to take my boots off for a while as my feet were getting cooked in those big boots. It was awesome to feel the soft cushy lichen under my feet.  One of the things that surprised me about the landscape in this part of the world was the variety of ground cover they have. Lichens, mosses and berries of so many different types!  Here are some more images of the island and  the day.











*****

Cuando vi esta cabaña supe que la tenía que pintar. Por supuesto  que tenía que ser con todos los arbustos rojizos y naranjas que tanto me gustan. Esta cabaña solía ser de un antiguo explorador en una isla en el lago Ennadai y fue el destino de nuestro último día. Disfrutamos de un picnic hermoso en la playa, algunas personas fueron a caminar, otras a pescar, otros anduvieron en kayaks y otros pintamos todo el día. Hacía mucho calor y terminé sacándome las botas ya que mis pies estaban re cocinados en esas botas enormes. Fue hermoso sentir el colchoncito de líquen debajo de mis pies. Una de las cosas que más me sorprendió de el paisaje en esta zona del país fue la gran variedad de plantas bajas que tienen. Líquenes, musgos y fresas de tantos tipos diferentes. Acá tienen algunas otras imágenes del día y de la isla. 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...