Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Gabriola Sunset: 12 of 30

Gabriola Sunset - 6x6 - Oil on Birch Panel
Anochecer en Gabriola - 15x15cm - Oleo
Marcela Strasdas
$120

Available

A few years ago I went on my first plein air painting trip to Gabriola Island with a group of artists. I clearly had a  great time as I haven't stopped and have continued planning and going to different places. I mean, I love traveling, I love painting so why not combine them both?  We had such a good time, lots of laughs and chats..... I have the best memories from this trip including a few photos of  one of the sunsets there which I used for this painting. 
I had left these posts ready before leaving Victoria and this is the last painting that I had ready before starting to show you the ones I am doing right now in Yellowknife, I am having a great time! It's cloudy tonight so we have to wait to see the Northern Lights but I am sure we will have a chance.

*****
Hace unos años fui a mi primer viaje de pintura a la Isla Gabriola con un grupo de artistas. Parece que me gustó mucho ya que no paré y he seguido yendo a distintos lugares..... Me encanta viajar, me encanta pintar, por qué no combinar las dos cosas??? La pasamos tan bien en ese viaje, muchas risas y charlas...  Tengo los mejores recuerdos de este viaje incluyendo algunas fotos de uno de los atardeceres que usé como referencia para este cuadro.
Había dejado todos estos blogs listos antes de salir de Victoria y este es el último cuadro antes de empezar con los que estoy haciendo en Yellowknife, la estoy pasando muy muy bien! Esta noche está nublado así que tenemos que esperar para ver la Aurora Borealis, estoy segura que no va a faltar oportunidad!

#383



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...