Pages

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Layers: 16 of 30

"Layers" - 9x12 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Capas" - Oleo
Marcela Strasdas



This was the second painting of the day in Old Town in Yellowknife,. For this one, my self-imposed assignment was to stay with the big brush. I had been working with brushes that were too small for my liking and everything was getting fiddly for me.  It was all about capturing the rhythm and colours of the rock formations. I stopped as soon as didn't know what else to do to it and I am glad I did. I am somewhat pleased with it, will re-evaluate once back in the studio  :) A dog stopped to visit and pushed the painting on the ground. That's the spots you can see on the sky, dirt..... I was lucky it didn't get totally ruined,  I'll just  wipe it off once the painting is completely dry and touch up if necessary. The joys of plein air.....you never know what you will encounter!
*****

Este es el segundo cuadro del día en Pueblo Viejo en Yellowknife.  Me impuse la obligación de usar un pincel grande para  la mayoría del cuadro ya que había estado usando pinceles demasiados chiquitos y estaba entrando en demasiados detalles muy pronto para mi gusto. La meta era capturar el ritmo y los colores de la roca. Paré una vez que no sabía que mas hacer y me alegro de haber echo eso. Estoy bastante conforme con el resultado.... re-evaluaremos  una vez de regreso. :) Un perro pasó a visitar y me empujó el cuadro que estaba apoyado sobre una piedra, por eso se ven manchas en el cielo que es tierra, una vez que este bien seco voy a sacárselo y retocar si hace falta. Tuve suerte de que no se arruinara por completo.... el placer de la pintura al aire libre  .... uno nunca sabe lo que se va a encontrar!
 
#388


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...