Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The Colours of the Tundra (20 of 30) & Just Above Paradise (21 of 30)

Colours of the Tundra - 9x12 - Oil on Canvas
Colores de la Tundra - 23x30 - Oleo
Marcela Strasdas



Just Above Paradise - 8x8 - Oil on Birch Panel
Arriba del Paraíso- 20x20 - Oleo
Marcela Strasdas

 

I think this set is my favourite of the whole 30 days and for sure from the tip to Arctic Haven. From today on, several times I tried doing things differently, something more like what I was doing in the studio at the beginning of the challenge. Remember I mentioned I was trying different croppings of the same thing? Well, that's what I did here, I knew I had enough time to do a couple of paintings so I set up 2 canvases and did them almost simultaneously. I wanted to try out different  formats, similar compositions, more of that, less of  something else. You get the picture.....


What I was looking at
Lo que yo estaba mirando
Una de las vistas enla Isla
Una de las vista en la isla



In this case I was totally fascinated (as I was for most of the trip) with the Fall colours of this landscape. We had gone to Apocalypse Island.... That name was given to the island by  a couple of our guides: when they went to the island for the fist time they liked it so much  they decided this would be a pretty good place to come and hide if there ever was an apocalypse (I hear they were talking about  a zombie invasion at the time, haha,.... anyway, ...They called the beach Paradise Island and it certainly was like paradise that day!
I wanted to try a horizontal and a square format and include some of the lake behind in one of them. So I did! I like them both, I would maybe combine elements from both in the future to make a larger piece. 

*****


Estos dos cuadros son mis favoritos de los 30 días creo y  del viaje al ártico. A partir de este momento empecé a trabajar de forma diferente y tiene que ver con cómo ya estaba pintando en el taller al comienzo del desafío. Recuerdan que les había dicho que estaba tratando de hacer distintas composiciones de la misma cosa? Bueno, eso es lo que empecé hacer acá. Como yo sabía que tenía suficiente tiempo para hacer un padre un par de cuadros, puse dos lienzos y los hice al mismo tiempo. Trataba de probar diferentes formatos, composiciones similares pero distintas,  más de esto, menos de lo otro… Se dan cuenta…
En este caso, estaba totalmente fascinada, como estuve la mayor parte del tiempo, con los colores del otoño de este paisaje. Este día habíamos ido a una isla que se llama Isla Apocalipsis, ese nombre vino de que un par de guías , se enamoraron de esta isla
cuando fueron por primera vez (y  de acuerdo lo que me contaron estaban hablando de una invasión de zombies y cosas así, ja ja)  Concluyeron con que este sería el lugar ideal para esconderse si en algún momento había un apocalipsis… Llamaron a la playa a la que llegamos la playa del paraíso.  Y la verdad es que ese día fue como estar en el paraíso…
Quería probar un formato horizontal y uno cuadrado e incluir un poco de lago que había detrás en uno de ellos, y eso fue lo que hice. Me gustan los dos cuadros, tal vez  combine elementos de los dos en el futuro para hacer una pieza más grande


#394-395


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...